Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

RVSPCA Best In Show 2014

Best in Show
An exhibit of animal art by local artists to benefit the Roanoke Valley SPCA.

Friday evening, February 21, 2014
6:30-9:00 PM
in the Atrium of the Taubman Museum of Art,
Roanoke, VA

Admission $5 / Children 12 and under $1

This year I have two entries for the show which I call faux block prints.  I have been experimenting with adding block printed elements to my mixed media pieces using water-soluble inks and acrylic paint. 

Title:  “Reach for the Star”
Faux Block Print
by Judith F Lochbrunner

Tremolo the kitty and Cider the rabbit are now house-mates (and former residents of the RVSPCA) at my daughter’s home.   Although they may not see Mill Mountain and the Star from their home, you can imagine them seeing the night sky from the bedroom window and realizing their dream of a “furever” home has come true.




Title: “Tip Toe Through the Tulips?”
Faux Block Print
by Judith F Lochbrunner

Anyone who has ever owned a yellow or ginger-colored cat knows to expect a dominant personality.  Ginny cat (short for Virginia Cat) is no exception.  She simply does what she pleases and will plop down wherever she chooses.

This work is based on one of my favorite oil paintings that I painted several years ago that still hangs in my home.   I decided to take the subject matter and use different art materials and techniques.  And of course, our Ginny Cat was the model.

Plan to attend the most festive and fun art event of the year.  And if you can't make it to the event,  you can still view and purchase paintings on-line through the end of March.   The animals at the RVSPCA will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment