Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Changing Up the Landscape


Gold in the Hills
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
acrylic/mixed media
12 by 12 inches

One of my goals for 2015 is to create original, unexpected and more abstract landscapes.  I have been reviewing books on landscape and re-visiting a few how-to references.  What I have searched for are steps that I have been sliding by instead of deliberately making choices.  

What to include in the landscape is also a focus as too many details serve only to dilute the painting's impact. Simplifying the landscape is an essential step in plein air work and it needs to also be an essential step in the studio as well.   

This painting represents what I hope is the first of several abstracted landscapes.   It will join the  paintings in my last couple blogs and be on display at Goose Creek Studio.  

Get out and enjoy the warmer (almost Spring) weather for 2nd Friday Art Walk in Centertown Bedford on March 13, 2015. 





No comments:

Post a Comment