Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Brighten Up a Grey Day: Challenge Painting #6

Finally another painting for Leslie Saeta's January Painting Challenge has been completed!  


Brighten Up a Grey Day
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
acrylic on canvas
14 x 11 inches
Challenge Painting #6

There really is no story behind this canvas as it had been prepped with a warm color and never used; I found it in the back of the studio closet.  And I forgot to stop to take a preliminary photo but trust me is was red, orange, black, blue and gold shapes applied with a big brush.


This is not the best photo but hopefully it does illustrate how I am using cool grey to calm down all the color and begin to create smaller shapes of color.  As I worked flower shapes seemed to naturally appear but maybe it was simply my desire for spring to come!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and be sure to check back for more challenge paintings.





2 comments: