Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Monday, June 6, 2016

A Place for Pollinators - New Painting, "A Taste of Honey"




A Taste of Honey 
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
acrylic on canvas
8 x 8 inches

When I visited the Old City Cemetery in Lynchburg back in April with the Double Line Painters of the Blue Ridge, we found beehives on the grounds.  Volunteers care for the hives and provide the cemetery with honey to sell.  

There are currently several initiatives to increase the number of pollinators.  Bee populations have been in decline due to disease and other environmental pressure.  Click on this link to learn how you can help  



Intrigued by the color of the hives, I looked on Pinterest to see other examples.  And quickly found hives decorated with flowers, bees, and even a cityscape.  

I decided to add some more color to my hives and even have painted the sides of the canvas and orange to match.  The soft color palette is a bit different for me and it proved to be a pleasant change.  

This painting will be up in my shop on Stone Coal Studio Eaty Shop  by the end of the week.  It will be joined by several other new works to add summer excitement (summer is after all a very exciting time).  

Thank you for stopping by my blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment