Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Not Big but Better: Improving My Presentation On-line


The Feel of the Land 
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic/mixed media 
14 x 11 inches


This past week marked the completion of the many improvements to my on-line presentation.  I knew the improvements would take several weeks, persistence and patience to do everything.  

It all began in March when I was able to schedule a photo shoot with Natalie Gibbs Photography.   She came to my studio; photographing me there as well as outside in the backyard.   I was impressed with her professionalism.  And I agree with my daughter who says that Natalie seems to know when to take the right photo.   Having a selection of professional photos has made a huge different in the appearance of all my on-line sites.  It truly was an instant upgrade.

Next on the list was spending more time with my Facebook page Stone Coal Studio - Art by Judith F Lochbrunner.  After working the page for the past few weeks, I have fallen into a "rhythm" and with a better understanding of how Facebook works.  I hope to build an audience by earning your attention.

The biggest task, however, was marketing. While I have had a shop on Etsy since 2012, regularly maintaining the shop always seemed to be the one thing that never got done when things got busy.  I also had a gallery page on my website that connected to a Flickr account that also needed my time to regularly update.

With the help of my website administrator, the gallery page on my website is now my Etsy shop.  (It is called an Etsy mini.)   My intention is not to be a "pushy salesperson" but to make my time more productive.  By eliminating a web page to update,  I will indeed do a better job and make the Etsy shop page very current and hopefully of interest to you.  

And here finally is the connection to the painting at the top of this post.  It is the newest addition to the Etsy shop/website gallery page.   The painting is another in my series of abstract landscapes.   This work highlights the textured canvas to suggest the "feel" of the land.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.  I hope these improvements enhance your viewing and engagement with my on-line sites.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.










No comments:

Post a Comment