Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August 2016NewsBlog


August has been a month of painting although not outdoors as I had hoped.  It has been a hot, humid and stormy month.  However, being chased inside has made for some extended studio time.

Gallery Updates:


(Autumn Texture by Judith F Lochbrunner 10 by 10 inches)

New work has been delivered to Black Dog Salvage Marketplace.  The marketplace is always a treat to visit and shop.  And it is exciting to see where and how my art is displayed among their vintage, unique, creative, and unusual items, furniture, accessories and architectural salvage.


(entrance to Goose Creek Studio)

New work will be delivered to Goose Creek Studio on Tuesday, August 30 in plenty of time for the Labor Day holiday and September 2nd Friday in downtown Bedford.  Plan a visit to see what all the Bedford Artisan Trail has to offer.

Festivals and Art Shows:

(A view of the gardens by the museum from our July visit.  
Although it won't look quite the same I hope to paint what is blooming during Heritage Day)

Saturday August 27 will find us at the Montgomery Museum Heritage Day from 10 AM-3 PM.   I will be painting plein air with a few other members of the Double Line Painters of the Blue Ridge.  The festival is free and promises to have many fun activities including a huge silent auction that raises money for the museum.


Cat Tree
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
collage/mixed media
9 x 12 inches

On Friday September 2,  I will be at First Fridays at the Center for Pets at the Lynchburg Humane Society.  The Double Line Painters of the Blue Ridge will be having an art show in the community room. There will be live music, food trucks, beer and wine to purchase in addition to all the dogs, cats, rabbits and a few other animals ready for all the visitors while waiting to be adopted.  A portion of any art sales benefit the animals.

Looking ahead:
Saturday September 17 10 AM- 4 PM at Lynchburg Art Festival at EC Glass High School.
(Rain Date is Sunday September 18.)

Shopping for my art?
Because I work with so many wonderful small business owners, you may not be finding exactly what you wish in a particular retail location. Don't hesitate to contact me through my my website or or Etsy shop I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks for stopping by my newsblog.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment