Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Day 1 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days More or Less

Today is the first day of posting the challenge paintings as part of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 painting challenge and one important part of this challenge is that there are no rules.  It might be better said that each artist makes the challenge their own.

I am not requiring the 30 days to be consecutive or even that the challenge feature 30 paintings but I am going to do the best I can posting new work dating from mid-August to the end of September.

It will be a fun ride this time around.  I hope that you enjoy it as well.

This work is a result of my experimenting with high textured canvas.  The texture just eats up any details so you have to really focus on color and creating simple distinct shapes for the composition.


Lakeview Texture
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
acrylic/mixed media with "excessive" texture
12 by 12 inches

Thank you for joining me on this challenge that will last until the end of September.







No comments:

Post a Comment