Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Monday, September 12, 2016

Day 12 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days More or Less



Blue Stands
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
mixed media on canvas
12 by 24 inches

This is one of my new studio works that will be displayed at the Annual Lynchburg Art Festival on Saturday September 17 on the grounds of EC Glass High School from 10 AM-4 PM.  Rain date is Sunday September 18.

For the past several weeks I have been using watercolor, acrylic gouache, acrylic ink and acrylic paint to create mixed media abstract works.  Some have been abstract florals like this one.  I am excited about the color "notes" through the painting.  And the challenge of bringing it all together in a finished painting is keeping me happily working in the studio.

Thank you for stopping by my blog during the painting challenge. 
 Hope to see you if you happen to be in Lynchburg on the 17th.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully soft colors and design - it almost has the feel of a pastel. Lovely!
    - Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was so excited how the different water media interacted.

      Delete