Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 13 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days More or Less

Today is the thirteenth day of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge


Meadow Thicket
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
acrylic gouache on collage
6 by 6 inches

This is the companion painting to Post 11 "Dry Meadow".  There was more than enough gouache left on the palette to start a second painting.   This painting became a little differently arranged abstracted landscape.  I enjoyed moving the paint around and dropping in more colors.  While the gouache was still wet I scratched into it with a sharp point and scribbled pencil lines into it.  

 I am definitely going to continue to experiment with the acrylic gouache to see what it can do in my mixed media works.

Thank you for stopping by my blog to check on the painting challenge.  Any favorites so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment