Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Day 21 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days More or Less

Today is the twenty-first day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge





New Construction
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic on painted paper
6 x 6 inches


Some things just don't happen in the studio.  Yesterday I set up to paint in the historic little town of Fincastle and the buildings along the street caught my attention.  The colorful combination of the mustard-color building and reddish-pink truck made a bold statement in contrast with the simple white house.  

While I was painting several cars slowed to see my easel while I worked on the sidewalk.  One gentleman stopped, parked and walked over to see the painting.  He told me that he was constructing the mustard-colored building himself to be his new home.  He seemed very pleased that I had noticed it.  And then he apologized to me saying that he needed to move the truck.  I assured him that I had already painted in most of the truck and could finish it without it being there.  No, things like that just don't happen in the studio.

This blog has become such a fun part of my day.  I thank you for joining me for the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that. OK, hope this doesn't offend... this looks like the introduction to Mr. Rogers neighborhood! Click on the tv on the right to see it... http://pbskids.org/rogers/ Ihave fond memories of that little intro. The houses and cars, so cute and inviting. That is how this feels. Inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the work brought happy thoughts. I had hoped the work was light and fun. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete