Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Friday, September 23, 2016

Day 23 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days More of Less

Today is the twenty-third day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge





The Medicinal Herb Garden

This painting was begun in early April as practice for the Paint Out Lynchburg event.  One of the event's locations was the Lynchburg Old City Cemetery.  It is a historic park with museums and arboretum. The medicinal herb garden already had a few plants blooming including one of the heirloom yellow roses which immediately made my decision on where to set-up.

I did not make any major changes to finish this work.  After doing a few minor corrections I focused on keeping it simple with more dramatic color.    Spring colors are fresh and bright and that needed to be emphasized in this painting.

Only one more week of the challenge and I thank you for joining me on this blog.  

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I have always loved the idea of growing medicinal herbs. One day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herb gardens date to ancient times; I never tire of visiting or reading about historic gardens. Thanks

      Delete