Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Day 25 -30 Paintings in 30 Days More or Less

Today is the twenty-fifth day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Almost an Heirloom
by Judith F Lochbrunner
mixed media on painted paper
6 x 6 inches

Another abstract for the final week of the challenge.  This painting surface was even busier than the one of Day 24.  But it demanded that the neutral sky be broken up by emerging floral shapes reaching for the light.  Paintings do talk to you and one of the most important things I have learned is to listen to what they say.  

There are only a few more days of the challenge and I thank you for checking my blog.



8 comments:

  1. Judith - I feel fortunate to have 'discovered' you! I find your painting style and use of color to be totally engaging. Now I'll have fun working my way back through your previous days... :o)
    - Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The challenge has been such a wonderful way to share and connect and be inspired. So glad to have made the connection as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just makes my heart sing! Love your playfulness Judith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judith, I totally love Almost an Heirloom. I just keeping looking and looking and resting in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate how parts of the painting are so unexpected. Now to see it I can pursue that again. Thanks for your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete