Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Day 3 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days More or Less

Today is the third post in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge

The painting today is one of my studio works which I finished during my challenge period*.  It is a mixed media work that utilized watercolor, acrylic gouache, acrylic inks and acrylic paint.

This work also features negative painting or painting between the shapes.  This can create even more interesting spaces.  But I did not want to completely cover the colors in the underpainting so they can be seen in areas across the lower third of the painting.



Shape of Things to Come
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
acrylic/mixed media
12 by 12 inches

Thank you for your visit and support of the painting challenge.



4 comments:

  1. I love this. I could look at it for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I could look at it for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words.
    Your comment mad my day!

    ReplyDelete