Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Friday, September 30, 2016

Day 30 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days More or Less

Today is the final day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge




Fall Color
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
mixed media
6 x 6 inches


Working on the painting for Day 30 was a little intimidating at first as I wondered if it needed to be big, brassy, bold -- a real statement piece.  Fortunately I took the pressure off by going back to Leslie Saeta's rule for the challenge: "there are no rules". 

This abstracted landscape reflects the experimenting and playing with acrylic and mixed media that I have done over the 30 postings.  I am pleased with where I am now with many, many new ideas.

The challenge also opened up opportunities to connect with people.  I have enjoyed many on-line views and conversations about my blogs as well as learning from the postings by other artists.

At the start of this challenge I posted that I began a few weeks early on August 10.  With an art festival and an eight-day trip on the calendar in September I knew that I needed some extra time.  I finished today's painting on Sept 26.  So August 10 to September 26 minus travel and art show time equals 37 days.

Leslie Saeta runs the 30 Challenge again in January.  Look for me to take it up again.  Hope to see you before that on my blog.


PS  Selected paintings from the 30 Day Challenge will be up on my Etsy shop starting October 1.








6 comments:

  1. Love the lavenders in this, gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly happy colors to finish the challenge--- best wishes to you as well. Thanks for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and love the abstracted composition. Have enjoyed looking at your paintings this month - very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good connections and art talk! --- thanks for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art is stunning and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such kind words-- but the challenge brought out he best in everyone

    ReplyDelete