Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 2016 NewsBlog

September has been a month for making art connections. 

Since the first of the month I have been posting a painting each day as part of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.   It has been a wonderful way to connect with both old and new friends.  I have enjoyed the on-line comments and conversations started by the artwork.  Only 10 more days to go so thank you in advance for keeping up with the blog.


Day 11 -Dry Meadow
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
mixed media on collage
6 x 6 inches

Last Saturday, September 17, was the Lynchburg Art Festival on the rounds of EC Glass High School.  A record number of artists displayed their work and large crowds came by to see the show.  It was a wonderful day of "face-to-face" comments and conversations.  And I welcome those of you new to this blog and my art.


(A view of my art on the fence at the Lynchburg Art Festival)

The art festival is also a competition and each year the judge selects art is for the Judges Fence.  And for the third time in three shows: 2016, 2015, 2013 (not attend in 2014) one of my paintings was selected for this 'semi-final" round.   Even though I did not receive an award,  I was pleased to have my work recognized.


("Thicket" with the Judges Fence flag)

Gallery Updates:


Petals Apart from the Norm
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic/mixed media
8 x 8 inches

New art will be delivered tomorrow September 21 to 2nd Helpings Gallery.   In addition to the framed paintings there will be several new paintings for the bin.  


Potentially Chic is packing accessories today to stage 4 house for a major tv network filming this week.  Included in these bins are a couple of my paintings.  More details to come......



(bins full of artwork ready to be delivered for staging ahead of filming this week)

Looking ahead:

October is going to be filled with plein air.  I expect next month's posts will be filled with paintings and photos inspired by Autumn's colors.

Holiday shows at the Jefferson Center in Roanoke and Salem Museum in Salem will be hung at the end of October and first of November.

Can't find a painting  or have a question?

Because I work with so many wonderful local shops, you may not find exactly the art you wish in a particular location or on Etsy.  Please do not hesitate to contact me through my website or email: stonecoalstudio@gmail.com for assistance.

Thank you for keeping up with the news from my art studio.  


No comments:

Post a Comment