Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Monday, December 26, 2016

January 2017 NewsBlog



(Preparations are in place for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.)

I am a little late posting my January NewsBlog as I wanted to wait until closer to the end of the year when things begin to slow a bit from all the holiday festivities.  Hopefully you are enjoying some time to relax before 2017 begins.

January will feature a on-line event for all my followers.  I will again be participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge .  And this time around I have a basic theme or perhaps goal is a better word.  This month will be all about landscapes to practice a wide variety of subjects before our plein air season returns next spring.  

My plan is to gain more experience painting landscapes so that my plein air painting will be more satisfying.  Simply stated; I'm hoping for a higher percentage of successful paintings.

Several pieces of paper and small canvases have been prepared.  I am using a book from my library "Painters Quick Reference Landscapes" by North Light Books.  It is not my intention or desire to copy the landscape demos but to use the projects in the book as a "prompt" to create many land, water and sky paintings.

I am not sure that I will complete 30 paintings but I will be posting nearly every day on my blog.  If you don't want to miss one, sign up on the right side of the screen to receive them via email.

In addition to this painting challenge, new art will be delivered in January to Goose Creek Studio as well as a few other of my retail locations.  I will update you on when and where it happens on my blog as well as on my my FaceBook page:Stone Coal Studio Art

Have a Wonderful and Prosperous New Year!

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  


2 comments:

  1. WOW, you are ahead of the game! Way to go. I am starting to prep as well. So glad you are taking part - can;t wait to see you each day :) Happy and creative New Year to you Judith :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are participating as well! I am looking forward to seeing all the art. What a great way to start the New Year.

    ReplyDelete