Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Day 17- 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today is the 17th day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 2017



Inlet Path
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic on paper
8 x 6 inches

The challenge of painting paths is set in a very different landscape and subject matter -- sea grasses.  However it is based on several winter visits to Cedar Key, FL.  Fortunately I had some good reference photos from those trips to help me decide on colors and shapes.

As I was painting my husband walked in the studio to change a lightbulb for me.  He looked at the painting on the table and said "I really like this".   I almost did not respond as he so seldom expresses an opinion.

Sometimes you just need to accept that the painting works and be happy.


PS: Here is the underpainting created by wiping excess paint off my brush when working on today's painting.  The wonderful assortment of neutrals both warm and cool can easily be seen as well as the beautiful blues.

Thanks for keeping up with my blog during the second half of this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Love this serene scene. What a lovely walk that would be :) Enjoy seeing the underpainting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely walk through the sea grass and I'm glad you think the painting captured that feeling. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete