Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Day 18 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today is the 18th day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 2017.


Shady Path
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic on paper
8 x 8 inches


This path is actually at a local park just beyond the ballfields.  It circles around the perimeter for a mile and is popular with walkers.  It is a challenge to paint shadows and I think more so in acrylic with its faster drying time.  

Shadows are transparent.  I kept reminding myself of that fact.  The colors needed to change as the shadows fell on different surfaces: gravel, fallen leaves, sticks, mud, etc.   While shadows are still a learning process,  I am inspired to paint more dramatic shadows like these in future works.

Many thanks for staying with my blog for this painting challenge.  The days are zipping by quickly!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks it took longer to work myself up to do it than to actually paint it. It was a good lesson in not worrying and just doing.

    ReplyDelete