Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Day 22 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today is the 22nd day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 2017


Orchard Row, Virginia Peaches
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic on paper
6 x 6 inches

Another painting for today that continues the challenge of painting fruit trees in bloom.  In this work I have taken a row of trees and tired to keep the painting focused on them.  I do like the spacing of 3 and 2.  The mountain and row of woods behind the field are painted in soft and muted colors to keep them in the background.  

The peach trees are less individualized and are painted as a "group".  This is exactly how I would need to approach a larger work using this same subject matter.   And hopefully with some planning there will be a large orchard painting on the easel in the studio this spring. 

Thank you for keeping up with my blog.  The challenge is nearly to the final week.

4 comments:

  1. The shape of the fruit tree trunks and the blossoms really make me focus on them and I keep going back and looking at them. The muted colours in the background hills works so well. Love these orchard paintings. Have a great day painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comments. And it is alway a good day when you can paint, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Another beauty! I keep going back for another look. Wish I was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed .....dreaming of spring! Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete