Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Monday, January 23, 2017

Day 23 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today is the 23rd day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 2017.



Warm Meadows
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic on paper
6 x 6 inches

The painting challenge was titled "summer fields"; but, I took it one step further to an abstracted landscape.  The painting is inspired by another view of the same park featured on Day 18.  

The golds and the reds in the meadows on the entrance road were just too tempting to push toward a more rich and intense interpretation.     My favorite is the straw to orange colored "grass" in the lower half.  

Hope that you enjoy these last days of the challenge.  Thanks for keeping up with my blog.

4 comments:

  1. That is my favorite as well Judith. I love everything here, wonderful joyful scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's fun to paint such exciting colors.

    ReplyDelete