Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Day 25 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today is the 25th day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 2017


Late Season Sunset
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic on paper
6 x 6 inches

I have to admit that I really wanted to title this little piece "Mud Season Sunset" as it was the mud in the painting that became the real challenge.  My reference photo was taken last week after several days of rain.  I was excited about the light but underestimated the wide variety of mud colors needed for even this small painting.  There was dark mud, light, mud, warm-colored mud, cool-colored mud and every shade in between.  I wanted to simplify all those colors without it looking ..... well, muddy. This was indeed good practice and hopefully means some better looking mud in future paintings.

Thanks for stopping by my blog to check on this last week of the challenge.



2 comments:

  1. Love the light, and you succeeded with the mud. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete