Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Day 29 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today is the 29th day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 2017


Light Patterns
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic on paper
8 x 8 inches

Amazing to think that this is the next to the last post of the challenge -- so much time devoted to painting and so many small works finished.  It has been a joyfully successful way to spend the month.

Pleased with the painting posted on Day 27, I took the opportunity to paint another work using negative painting for the back woods.  Taking my cue from the colors in the underpainting I added lights to create the branches and then some cooler colors to further push back the space.

 The front trees were again painted in cool blue and purple washes that did not completely cover the underpainting.  This created the suggestion of textures as well as lights and shadows on the trunks.

Thank you for following my blog.  I invite you to either sign-up to receive my blog in your email inbox.  Or you can go over to Facebook and "like" my page.  Both ways will keep you up to date with new works, events and even the next painting challenge.

One more day!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the dark area, draws me in. And the diagonal lines are a nice touch. Perfect mix of warm and cool, another pleasing piece!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate all your support and encouragement. You are a delight!

      Delete
  2. I love these paintings Judith. Gorgeous lights and darks and such wonderful colour. Do you think you will do some larger ones of these? They would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do intend to do this same type of painting on a larger canvas- wish me luck!
    Thanks for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete