Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Thursday, January 12, 2017

January 12 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today is the 12th day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 2017


Floating Color
by Judith F Lochbrunner
mixed media on paper
7 x 5 inches


And here is another mixed media work that utilized the underpainting created by Art Graf (see Jan. 8 blog).  The landscape challenge of painting reflections is progressing and I am feeling a bit more comfortable with them.    What makes me especially happy is that I think the reflections are becoming more abstract.

The vibrant fall colors of the clump of trees are a contrast to the soft and cool colors of the distant forest and mountain.  The composition also fits well into the size and shape of the paper.   It was a indeed good time painting this afternoon.

Thanks for stopping by today. 
 I appreciate everyone who is keeping up on the challenge with me.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome to hear you had a fun time with this. I like those reflections, and the light is wonderful. Love how the distant hills are so simple, and yet very expressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks! It is harder to keep it simple and I always have to remind myself of that.

    ReplyDelete