Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Sunday, January 15, 2017

January 15 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today is the half-way point (Day 15) of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 2017.


The Long Way
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic on painted paper
6 x 6 inches

It's "hump day" for the painting challenge.  Fifteen painting completed!

Today's painting challenge is a a road the extends far away from the viewer.  It is another perspective issue.  Even though the landscape is abstracted the issue of perspective is still important to its "readability" or success.  

It is a common opinion that abstracts are easier to create than more realistic works.  I think it is the opposite as all the painting principles (like perspective) are even more important to make the painting successful.

I want to thank everyone for making it to the half-way point of this challenge with me.
Hope you continue on to the finish on my blog.


2 comments:

  1. Really love the simplified forms. The shapes and rythm keep me interested. Very curious about what's up ahead... wonder how long it will take to reach those mountains :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love simplifying landscape forms but need to finish my goal of landscape challenges. I think today's and yesterday's paintings were a bit of a break.
    Thanks for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete