Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today is the 16th day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 2017


Stepping Stone Path
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic on paper
8 x 8 inches

Those of you who followed the 30 Day Challenge last September (2016) may remember a blog where I wrote of my frustration in painting rocks.   

Today's challenge was to paint a stepping stone path.  Fortunately I had a wonderful reference from a friend's garden.  We had planned to paint plein air that day but the rain chased us inside.  When it stopped we dashed out to take photos.

I deliberately kept the number of colors in the stone steps to a minimum repeating the same colors found in other parts of the painting.  The rickety handrail connects the top and bottom of the composition so the viewers focus stay on those stones!  

Many thanks for staying on this "path" with me.  (sorry for the pun)




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful stones. I was paying attention to rock walls yesterday. I like how the angled lines repeat throughout. Lovely trees too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you met your challenge and then some! The colours are great!

    ReplyDelete