Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Friday, January 6, 2017

January 6 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today is the 6th day of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 2017.



Check the Weather App
by Judith F Lochbrunner 
acrylic on paper
6 x 6 inches

This small painting is another "cloud" exercise.  These clouds are an excellent subject as they defy the common assumption that clouds are white.  I really enjoyed playing with the many colors in these cumulonimbus clouds. When I see a sky like this, it is certainly time to check the weather.... usually on my phone.  

The farm is one that I have been considering for a painting for quite some time.   I wanted to do something more than just the collection of buildings.  This is an excellent study for a larger work.  I am looking forward to playing with more landscape ideas in the upcoming days of the challenge.  My goal was to practice landscapes but the result may be several larger works based on the challenge paintings later this winter.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today to check on the challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Those clouds are awesome, and the scene is so inviting. Reminds me of places I visited as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your landscapes with buildings are wonderful. Even this one as a study is a little gem. You are going to have some great material for larger works. And I love those clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. This is one of my favorite farms that I pass in the northern part of the county. I would love to paint it larger -- appreciate your vote to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. It means a lot to paint something that reminds someone of a place they visited long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful color... and scene. I love barn paintings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your nice comment. Yes, barn paintings are hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete