Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Thursday, February 2, 2017

February NewsBlog - Back to Business - 2017

Welcome back to the blog after the daily posts in January!

"Commonplaces never become tiresome.
It is we who become tired when we cease to be curious and appreciative."
--Norman Rockwell

(Feb. 3, 1894 - birth of painter Norman Rockwell)


Bare Branches 
by Judith F Lochbrunner
acrylic on painted paper
6 x 12 inches

After the busy month of painting, photographing and posting daily, it has been a pleasant return to a more routine schedule.  The studio has several painting "starts" and a 16 x 20 landscape on the easel this week.  And now it is time to catch up with the business of art.

The little painting above is the newest addition to my Etsy shop.

If you have not been by my shop lately it now has a new look and niche.  It now features small works for small prices.  I have made an effort to provide my collectors with the opportunity to purchase smaller works over the past year and it has been very successful.  

Lager works will still be an important part of the studio and will be exclusively featured on the Paintings page of my website, stonecoalstudio.com.  The portfolio lists whether these works are currently for sale in a retail shop/gallery or for sale directly from me at my studio.  I am happy to help answer any questions and guide you to where a painting can be purchased.  

 I hope this makes easier for you.  And hopefully this makes it easier for me too.

January saw new art delivered to Goose Creek StudioPotentially Chic, and 2nd Helpings.  In February art will be delivered to Allegheny Highlands Arts and Crafts Center.  I will post on the StoneCoalStudio Facebook page if there any other deliveries that are scheduled this month.


(A winter walk on a clear and mild winter day brings fresh inspiration
 -- here at Natural Bridge State Park, VA.)

Thanks for checking back on my blog.
I promise to start posting new art and as soon as next week.  See you then!













No comments:

Post a Comment