Stone Coal Studio

Stone Coal Studio

Thursday, March 16, 2017

The Challenge of Photographing Art Outside


There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.
            
                                                                 --Lawrence Welk


With a return to winter this week in the Mid-Atlantic,  I have been spending much many hours in the warm studio trying to paint a commission work and to finish one last (big) painting for the upcoming "Spring Sensations" Art Show.

Happily the 36 x 26 inch painting was completed a few days ago.  I have it sitting on the easel so I can look, look again, and look often to determine if anything needs to be changed, added or eliminated.   And it may indeed be finished.

Unfortunately the cold temperatures with gusty winds made it impossible to set up to photograph outside on Wednesday (It is too big for me to do inside).  I set-up this afternoon as the winds have died down but I am not totally happy with the result.  However, I will post the photo I have and not delay my regular Thursday blog any longer.  

***Update -- I have replaced the photo with one that more closely resembles the painting.  It took three attempts and yes, it is a (good) learning process.  



Yellow Upstart
by Judith Flynn Lochbrunner
acrylic on canvas
36 x 36 inches

This painting will be included in the "Spring Sensations Art Show with the Double Line Painters of the Blue Ridge from April 4-June 30, 2017 at 2nd Helpings Gallery.   We promise an art show as fresh as Spring!

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  

Please note that the blog is moving to a permanent spot on my website: at stonecoalstudio.com/blog










No comments:

Post a Comment